COVID-19: We're Open & Here's What We're Doing
Updated: Aug 12
Dear Valued Clients and Prospective Clients,
You put your trust in us at Petite Paws Austin to care for your pets and home in a safe and professional manner. Now, we're taking further steps to help ensure you feel comfortable with us entering your home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Petite Paws Cat Sitter COVID-19 Protocol:
1. Immediately upon stepping inside your home your sitter will thoroughly sanitize hands using products with the alcohol strength recommended by the CDC. If you prefer, we can put on a clean pair of shoe covers. We use premium, washable, reusable shoe covers. If you prefer that your sitter uses gloves, a fresh pair of commercially produced nitrile (non-laytex) gloves will be put on when entering your home.
2. A commercially produced N-95 face mask will be worn to help limit the spread of air born germs. Especially since allergies plague many of us here in Texas, you need not worry about an inadvertent sneeze or cough. (During the free meet and greet consult we kindly ask our clients to wear a face mask of some type as well. Thank you in advance!)
3. If not wearing nitrile gloves, your sitter will either generously apply hand sanitizer or wash hands for at least 20 seconds in warm, soapy water before touching your pet or their food and water bowls, toys, etc.
4. Your sitter will also carry Lysol (R) disinfectant wipes CDC-approved for COVID-19, to be used as needed.
5. Almost needless to say, but we'll say it anyway, if the sitter is exhibiting symptoms of illness, feels sick, or has a temperature, a vetted, trusted back-up who is bonded and insured under Petite Paws Austin will take her place. The back-up sitter will follow the same COVID-19 protocol as outlined above in steps one through four. We supply our back-up sitter with the same commercially produced products I use myself as outlined above.
We hope you and your family stay well and want you to rest easy knowing that when the Petite Paws sitter enters your home, extra precaution will be taken at this time as we strive to help keep your home and your pets safe and give you extra peace of mind.
Thank you for your business. We value our clients and love their kitties like our own. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 512-399-9151.
Warmest Personal Regards,
Audrey G. Owner and Founder, Petite Paws Austin